Saturday, October 22, 2016

Life in Madison

Hi There! Been a while since I wrote here.
Living my dream as a grad student in US. Hihihii many things happened yet I still need to adapt.
But I really love being here.
The lecture is not easy. Although I already did many quantitative lectures like 3 calculus, 1 linear algebra, 2 operation research, 2 statistics, I am not even recall anything. Ok, recall a bit, but I still need to study until late. But still, it's what I have imagined before and not regret (yet) hahaha. I miss being at school, study, and learn something new. Thank God the facility is really no joke. You can literally enjoy the great library, the effectiveness of campus system, and do study comfortably.
I met many great friends and still adapt with them. But right now, I am grateful that Allah help me by sending them and make things easier here. Can not more grateful.
The city here is very beautiful. The weather is a bit cold, but very refreshing. Thankfully, I am healthy up to now. I walk around 15-20 minutes or 5 minutes by bus to get to my building and everything is good. The city also considered as big (yeah, it's the capital of Wisconsin State) so it has everything. I can cook just like in Indonesia and eat rice (almost) everyday. But if you too lazy to cook, you can buy everything including Indonesian. So it's perfect here.
Cat thing, you can find cat cafeeee. It is wonderful right? Hihihii I enjoy my time here.

The things that I really love here is:
1. Pedestrian is being respect a lot. People can really stop their vehicle just to let pedestrian cross the street. The side walk also good and you can literally walk to everywhere.
2. People appreciate other people a lot. There are so many appreciate greetings here. When other help, people will really appreciate it, and always say thank you. I think it is very different than in Indonesia. We do not have so many appreciate sentence just like here. I really love when people say "'I really appreciate that', 'How lovely are you for helping me', 'You are really great, thanks for your help'" and something like that. I mean, in Indonesia, we only said like "thank you or thank you very much". You know the great feeling when you are being appreciate by other, aren't you? It's very good, and make you want to do good thing more.
3. People respect and help a lot. Yeah, the effect of good appreciation make people do good deeds more. Just by holding the door, picking something up, queuing in good manner, waiting patiently for passenger (in the bus) or another car, making up after had meal, are simple good habbit that really common here. I really love the positive vibe that people made here.

There is still a long way to go. I hope I could learn and contribute as much.
See you!

No comments: